180.818 (15S) Research Seminar
- LV-Titel englisch
- Research Seminar
- Seminar (prüfungsimmanente LV )
- zum Moodle-Kurs
Zeit und Ort
Inhalt/eThe Research Seminar Media and Convergence Management comprises of three parts: analysis and discussion of research papers, presentation of students' master theses and presentation of thesis' progress.
- Seminar Part 1: Reading, preparation and presentation of three research papers
- Seminar Part 2: Master Thesis Presentation in Class
- Seminar Part 3: Master Thesis Progress Presentation in Class
LehrzielIn the first part of the seminar, tips and criteria for successful academic writing will be introduced. An additional aim is to analyze and discuss selected examples of pieces of research that have been successfully published in leading journals in the specific field. Students analyze how the research was performed and learn about strengths and weaknesses related to the research as well as about methods employed in the articles. The results of these analyses will be presented in class and discussed. In the second part of the seminar students present and discuss their own master thesis. In part 3 of the Seminar, based on the feedback of the first presentation, students are requested to present their progress since the last meeting.
Erwartete VorkenntnissePlease read the three research papers (available on Moodle) and prepare a short summary of each paper for the first meeting (written summaries which have to be submitted).
LiteraturA reference list will be provided during the first meeting.
Beurteilungskriterien/-maßstäbeSeminar Part 1 (20% of grade) Seminar Part 2 and 3 (80% of grade) Class Participation (+/-)
Position im Curriculum
- Masterstudium Media and Convergence Management
(SKZ: 150, Version: 13W.2)
Fach: Master Thesis
Research Seminar (
2.0h SE / 4.0 ECTS)
- 180.818 Research Seminar (2.0h SE / 4.0 ECTS) Absolvierung im 4. Semester empfohlen
- Research Seminar ( 2.0h SE / 4.0 ECTS)
- Fach: Master Thesis (Pflichtfach)